New here? Like Smart Cheap Travel on Facebook to stay up to date with new posts and information about hot travel deals.
You may have procrastinated and decided not to plan for holidays ahead of time. You may have just realized you get a holiday at the last minute. Don’t be panic. You can still find great travel deals. You just need to know the right place to look for information. Contact the airlines, travel agents or search on the Internet.
The holiday you get might fall on peak season. If that’s the case, prepare to pay more. Traveling during major holidays like spring break or peak business hours may cost you more because the demand is high.
You can save money if you travel during off-peak season because the demand is low. Keep in mind that you can save more if you include a Saturday night stay because that is when the best airfare rate is offered.
Travel agencies can be good help in finding available deals for last minute travelers. Provide the following information to them and you’ll get your deals:
- Departure and return dates
- Time you would like to leave and return
- How much you can afford to spend
- Whether or not you need a car rental
- Any special needs you may have
This information is important for them to accommodate your need at the best deals. Sometimes they may offer you a package that includes all your needs in bundle. That can save you more money if you reserve every amenity individually.
If you don’t want to use a travel agent, you can always check the internet. Spare some of your time doing the research. It takes time to look for the right information and consider available options in the Internet. There are plenty of websites to choose and compare. There are also many options to the means of travel: airplane, bus, train or cruise.
Activities For Last Minute Travel
Being flexible is an important key if you decide to go on last minute travel. You should be able to change your itinerary at a moment’s notice. Let’s say you don’t mind traveling at the last minute. You can be flexible and deal with the arrangement. You can save some money, too. But, where to go? What to do? Here are some suggestions you can use to get the best travel deals at the last minute:
- Find somewhere to go where you can do a lot of activities. Go to a place where you can do nothing won’t worth your money and time. Think of some activities you like and include them in finding travel idea. For instance, if you like skiing, you may want to look for a last minute deal in Colorado or Lake Tahoe.
- Or if you like playing golf, go to Florida, the Caribbean or destinations warm enough for you to play. For shopping addicts, places like New York City, Hong Kong or Chicago will fit the bill.
- Furthermore, Chicago is also a great place for sightseeing and cultural events. They have plenty of museums that will satisfy your cultural needs.
- Another place for sightseeing is Washington, D.C. There are many historic buildings operated by the Federal Government. You can join tours and see exhibitions. The Smithsonian Institution, for example, will give you a good experience during the travel because it is so large that you probably won’t see everything in a single travel. It will give you another idea for next travel: visiting different buildings or attractions. Most attractions in big city are free of charge. Make sure you check them online to get special offer for tourists.
- If you have a family with children, you can go on a vacation to an amusement park or water park. Children love riding rides or being in an arcade, especially those with water involved. Children are fascinated by water and they will have fun getting on those types of rides.
- Cruises also have last minute travel discounts and deals. Find out if children are included. Cruises usually offer a lot of activities. Also, you don’t have to worry that your children will be hungry because most cruises include many meal times and refreshments in their packages.
Wherever you go and whatever you decide to do during your travel, be ready to go at a moment’s notice. Being flexible with changes in itinerary or activities will optimize your last minute travel. You will have more options and, more important, more fun.